Why should you consider MTCHS?
- Students can enjoy a more independent learning environment with unique features from a traditional high school with a flexible, rotating, or staggered schedule.
- MTCHS is designed to give students an opportunity to receive a high school diploma while earning credits that can lead to an industry certification and/or TCATN diploma.
- Upon earning a diploma from TCATN, students can apply their TCATN diploma for credits towards an Associate of Applied Science degree at any Tennessee Board of Regents community college.
- Families can save money when their child receives post-secondary credits for little to no cost.
- Students can get a head start on completing a program in Computer Information Technology, Welding Technology, Machine Tool Technology, or Automated Manufacturing/Mechatronics.
- Careers in these areas are listed as Tennessee’s hot careers.
- Tennessee is ranked 1st in the Southeast and 4th in the nation for new jobs in these areas.
In addition to the above items, a review of the student’s attendance and discipline records will be conducted by the Sumner County Middle Technical College High school Admissions Committee.
- Sumner County Middle Technical College High School Applications may be obtained, completed, and submitted to the student’s high school guidance office.
- Parent/Student Agreement must be submitted to the school’s guidance office.
- Recommendations from a teacher, counselor/principal must be submitted to the school’s guidance office.
- Once accepted to MTCHS, a separate application for Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville (TCATN) is required.
- Once accepted, attendance at a mandatory parent and student meeting in May is required.